Friday 28 October 2011

Nothing Like A Cuppa

So 4 days after I came back, I suffered from major withdrawal symptoms from my trip to Europe. I was missing the air, the sidewalks, the cafes, the coffees (which were so amazing, I had at least 3 cups a day), the people watching, the quiet that you can seek when you need a break from walking in the busy streets. I just can't get the same atmosphere here in Singapore. It's too chaotic. There's no place you can go to "hide out" from the crowds, unless you go home.

This was taken in Florence, at one of the cafes that served one of the best cappuccino I've tried in all of Europe. Look at me! I was so happy! No photoshop ok, I was really glowing when I was there because I was just so damn happy.


Anyway, being the sweetheart she is, my babygirl took me to a quaint little corner on Ann Siang Hill to a very lovely cafe called Shots. It was just what I needed.




Appropriately named, they pride themselves in being one of the few cafes in Singapore to have their own signature blend of coffee.


 

At this moment, I need to rave about their decor. I love the strong red exterior that's bold and stands out among the shophouses. Then you head inside, and it's all white & sophisticated. The minimalist look may appeal to some as cold but not here. They've done it well as both of us took to the place at once, but chose to sat outside. Why? Because that's how the Parisians do! And when I was in Europe, I kept texting Lyd to tell her that I wished she was in Paris with me so we could sit alfresco and people watch while we sip on coffees & teas. Le sigh.



We didn't have any desserts this time because we hadn't seen each other in 3 weeks and there was so much to catch up on that we sat there talking for hours. I love days like this. Tranquil, simple, away from the crowds, coffee and girly talks. This would definitely happen every other day if I were a Parisian. Well, a girl can dream right?


"A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

No comments:

Post a Comment